Alexa's Earth

A FOOD & FITNESS BLOG BY ALEXA

Nov 11, 2016

SUPERFOOD SMOOTHIE



With winter on its way and the first snow in Cologne, fueling your body with nutrients is crucial for it to be able to fight off the cold and make up for the lack of vitamin d during the winter months. I love this immune-boosting superfood smoothie in winter and I can feel the nutrients and energy it gives my body.
It helps me battle my way through winter, and I hope it'll do the same for you! Recreate it and tag me @AlexasEarth on Instagram and I'll repost my favorites :)
Servings: 1

Ingredients:

  • 1 ripe banana, frozen (or fresh)
  • plant-based milk (I used coconut), as needed
  • 10g protein powder, vanilla 
  • 1 date
  • 1/2 lime or lemon, juiced
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 1/2 tsp Ceylon cinnamon
  • water, as needed

Optional:

  • 1 tbsp organic maca powder
  • handful cashew nuts (add more milk/water)

Toppings:

  • shredded coconut
  • goji berries
Add all ingredients to a blender and blend on high.
Do you drink smoothies in winter? What's your go-to smoothie recipe? Comment below! :)

A.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig